What goes into a contract for sale of land?

To enable a real estate agent to market a residential house in NSW, you will first need instruct a conveyancer or lawyer to prepare a contract for sale of land. A contract for sale of land must contain what are known as "prescribed documents". These are documents that must, by law, form part of any contract. An example of a prescribed document is a planning certificate from the local council.

Once prepared, a contract will (normally) comprise of the following: eCos front pages, eCos standard contract conditions, special contract conditions, title search, plan, dealings, planning certificate, sewer service diagram, service location print and land tax certificate.

If the property is being sold via auction, the contract should also include a "conditions of sale by auction" document. We prepare sales contracts in short timeframes and can assist vendors with their conveyancing matters.